Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Start of the 40 Day Love Dare...

Good afternoon again.... I know that I said I wouldn't be posting again till after we get back but I have come up with an awesome idea of something I'd like to try....

After viewing the movie "Fireproof" when it came out in 2008, I always knew that the 40 Day Love Dare is something that I'd like to work on... It just so happens I am with the most amazing guy but I am doing this to grow us stronger together...

I dont believe you need to wait till you "hard times" in order to try this... I am doing this simply just because...  I may not update this everyday but I will recap what I miss... I plan on keeping a written journal to go along with this as well....

Anywho with that being said, today is Day #1....

Day #1: Love is Patient

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  Ephesians 4:2 NIV

Todays Dare:

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tounge than to say something you'll regret....

No comments:

Post a Comment